2017-18 Student Travel Grant
The San Diego Archaeological Center is offering up to two $300 grants for travel expenses to professional conferences. Grant funding is to be used for travel and lodging expenses only (meals and conference registration are excluded). Grant applications will be judged on financial need and merit of the research to be presented or participation in the conference.
- Undergraduate or graduate student(the grant is not available for post-doctoral students) enrolled at an accredited academic institution
- Oral presentation given at the 2017 SDAC Student Symposium
- Acceptance to participate in a 2017-2018 professional conference
- Demonstrate a financial need for the funding (i.e. you have not received full funding from another source)
How to Apply:
- Submit a completed application Symposium Travel Grant Application
- Include proof of enrollment at an accredited academic institution
- Include proof of acceptance to participate at a conference
- If presenting, include copy of accepted abstract of research
- Successful applicants will be notified approximately two weeks after the 2017 Student Symposium.
- Grant recipients must submit a copy of their travel receipts for reimbursement within 30 days of the attended professional conference. If you are sharing expenses, you can claim only your share.
Payments will not exceed the total amount of your submitted receipts.
- Grant funds will be disbursed by check.