Please read the following guidelines before your visit to the San Diego Archaeological Center. We thank you for your cooperation in keeping the Center safe and open for all!
Don’t have a reservation? Schedule Your Visit to the Center.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have recently been exposed to anyone who has contracted COVID-19, we ask that you do not visit the Center.
- Please come to the front entrance 5 minutes before your reservation. Staff will greet you outside.
- Guests will have one hour to explore the museum starting at the reservation time.
- All guests over 2 years old are required to wear a face mask for the entire duration of their visit, including indoor and outdoor areas of the Center.
- Face shields worn without a mask underneath or masks with exhalation vents/valves are not permitted.
- Guests are required to keep 6 feet of distance between other visitors or staff who are not part of your household.
- Guests will be given a clean pencil and clipboard for interactive exhibits, only upon request.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available in the museum.
- Museum gallery occupancy will be limited to 50% capacity.
- Some portions of hands-on exhibits may be temporarily closed.
- High-touch surfaces throughout the Center are frequently sanitized for your safety.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the museum gallery.
If you do not feel well, please stay home and reschedule your visit for another day.
If you are unable to visit during your scheduled time, you can reschedule your visit over the phone at 760-291-0370. Please note that refunds are not guaranteed for cancellations within 24 hours of time slot or non-attendance without cancellation.
During your visit, explore the museum through our Cuseum app with free audio tours of our exhibits By Land and By Sea, Archaeology 101, The Life Story of a Pot, and It’s a Crime. Access Cuseum from your own phone or tablet, no download necessary.
Museum at Home
Learn more about archaeology on our Museum at Home portion of our website with recordings of our virtual lecture series, monthly blogs, children’s activities, and more.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for What Is It Wednesday artifact identification games, Find Out Friday fast facts, notifications on new posts for The Wonderful World of… and Dr. Arty Fax’s Archy Facts, archaeological news from around the world, and more!
By purchasing a ticket and/or visiting the San Diego Archaeological Center you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, you agree to hold the Center harmless, and you agree to follow all safety guidelines.