On November 30, 2021, help the San Diego Archaeological Center raise $8,000 to photograph and create 3-D scans of our collections. With these virtual models, we can make our collections more accessible to students, researchers, cultural resource management professionals, and the public.
What Am I Supporting?
Your support will help us purchase the equipment and software needed to photograph and scan our collections. If you prefer, you can select a specific item below that you would like to fund from our wish list. Not sure what to choose? Make a General Donation
Items Under $100
- $25 can support construction of a turntable to rotate objects during the photographic process – Make a Donation for Turntable
- $35 can support creation of photo backdrop with black velvet cloth and foam tiles – Make a Donation for Photo Backdrop
- $50 can support object illumination with LED lantern with removable panel lights and battery-powered LED light with a flexible neck and clip – Make a Donation for LED Lighting
Items $100 to $500
- $100 can support set of photogrammetry scale bars to indicate artifact size – Make a Donation for Scale Bars
- $150 can support three months of SketchFab software to host 3-D scans of artifacts – Make a Donation for Sketchfab Software
$300 can support six months
$600 can support one year
- $250 can support one month of MetaShape Pro photogrammetry software to create the 3-D scans – Make a Donation for Metashape Pro Software
$500 can support two months
$1,500 can support six months
$3,500 can support full license
- $2,500 can support the purchase of a desktop computer for creating 3-D scans using MetaShape Pro and uploading models to Sketchfab – Make a Donation for Computer
Other Ways to Give
- Mail your donation to the San Diego Archaeological Center.
- Call us at 760-291-0370 and we can process your debit/credit card payment.
How Your Gift Can Go Further
Many employers will match gifts for employees, employees’ spouses, or retired employees. A corporate matching gift means that $100 becomes $200, $1,000 becomes $2,000, and so forth. Please contact your employer to see if your gift qualifies.